Posted By: Shrygue
Dark Alex the icon of the PSP Homebrew Community has today released a new version of his M33 Custom Firmware for the PSP that allows users all the official capabilities from Sony plus the ability to play Homebrew Games and Emulators inc Sonys official Playstation 1 emulator and even back your own games up to play on the PSP and save your UMD Drive from overuse. Todays release has the great feature where you can network update direct from Dark Alexs homepage just like the official firmware.
Spread this awesome news
Alright people, the wait is finally over. Dark_Alex has finally released the highly anticipated custom firmware 3.80 M33 for the Playstation Portable. The full readme and changelog from 3.71 M33-4 is shown below as follows:
- Installation requires a PSP with 3.52 M33-3 or higher. In the future installation using
panddra battery will be released.
- Copy the UPDATE folder into /PSP/GAME/
- Get the 3.80 sony update from somewhere, and put it in same folder, with name "380.PBP".
- Run it, the update will be done by Sony updater. At the end when you are asked to reboot the
PSP pressing X or O, do it.
- HEN core: user mode can load now signchecked files from flash.
- recovery: flash1 format will create flash1 directories after format.
This could fix some flash1 issues with the previous versions.
- Network update from dark-alex.org page. By default is enabled.
You can turn it off in recovery (when off, network update will download sony updates as usual).
- Nids resolver for various kernel libraries.
In 3.80 sony has changed (again) kernel nids. The nids resolver will resolve a lot of nids from firmwares 1.50-3.60
(traditional nids) to the ones of 3.80 kernel.
In general, 3.71 nids will NOT be resolved to 3.80 ones. However, to compatibilize 3.80 M33 with prx's programmed for 3.71,
a few very 3.71 nids that were found in some 3.71 plugins will be resolved too.
More info about what is resolved in nidsresolver_status.txt.
Thanks to the combination of the nids resolver and the user libraries possibility in kernel mode added back in 3.71 M33-3,
some programs that stopped working in 3.30 M33 may work again now. One of them is PimpStreamer 0.90.
Finally, popsloader plugin from 3.71 will not work in 3.80 M33 due to its system dependancy. A new one will be rewritten for 3.80 M33.
Download and leave feedback via comments