Posted By: wraggster
The best pure GTA news source has posted some new screenshots and more news about the new Grand Theft Auto game coming soon:
A few hours ago news popped out about a Vice City Stories preview in the Official PlayStation 2 Magazine (UK). Screenshots with ugly watermarks surfaced on one website, but we now have them - in higher resolution too! The screenshots can be seen below - with the first two being brand new. Be sure to read the details from the article after the jump.
• The Phoenix and Stinger makes a return to Vice City.
• Vic and Lance have grown up poor, and you start off in a trailer park - that's brand new to Vice City.
• There's a whole new cast of characters.
• Not only is the city bigger, it's more detailed.
• Buildings look cleaner, signs are at a much higher resolution, and the palm trees look better.
• Brand new pedestrians, and groups of the same type appear less together.
• Missions are much more varied than previous GTA's.
• Water effects have been improved, with a ''choppy-looking surface'' and weather affecting vehicle handling and swimming.
• Helicopters control smoothly
• Rockstar Leeds has been listening to YOUR thoughts on Liberty City Stories, like controlling issues, swimming and flying etc.
• As you probably know, the biker gang makes a return to Vice City. But, according to this article Big Mitch Baker will be the leader again. So expect to see him in the game!
• In one screenshot we see a silenced SMG.
Something I didn't notice before that can be and seen in some screenshots, is that Vic has a tattoo on his right arm. He is after all a US Marine, so chances are he has this from the beginning of the game. We'll have to wait for more info in the coming weeks to see if there's any word on vehicle or character customization.
Screenshots Via Comments