September 2nd, 2015, 21:33 Posted By: wraggster
Sony has revealed a list of new features set to arrive alongside the forthcoming PS4 3.00 firmware update, including an increase in online storage space and the ability to livestream to YouTube.
In a post on the PS Blog, Sony's John Koller announced those opted into PS4's beta testing system will get access to the features today. That includes the aformentioned YouTube streaming option, as well as an increase to 10 GB of cloud storage and a new Events hub.
The update also includes a way to share short gameplay videos via Twitter, stickers, and a new system for grouping friends by game and other categories.
Here's a list of highlights for PS4 3.00, which Koller points out doesn't cover everything included in the update:
- Online storage capacity increase PS4 online storage capacity has increased from 1GB to 10GB for all PS Plus members. In 3.00 system software, you'll see that we added a handy usage meter to monitor your available storage capacity, and a new Auto-Upload menu has been added to Application Saved Data Management.
- YouTube live PS4 owners will be able to live stream gameplay to YouTube. Live streams will be viewable across YouTube, including on the new YouTube Gaming mobile app and website.
- Events A new hub for events has been added, giving an overview of activities taking place in the games you play most, as well as official broadcasts. For instance, you may see an update for a Double XP weekend, a special enemy appearing at a scheduled time, or seasonal events like in-game towns being decorated for the winter. You'll also receive notifications when the event starts, or if the timing changes.
- Favorite Groups Favorite Groups has been added to the Friends app, letting you quickly access groups of people you like to play games with frequently. This will make the process of getting a game session up and running even easier.
- Communities PS4 users will have the ability to create communities based around shared interests, like games, genres, and more. Communities include a message board with general discussion, screenshots shared by players, and the ability to join parties / games. If you want to tackle a big multiplayer raid, but don't have enough friends available, this could be a great way to connect with other players who are looking for the same thing.
- Sharing video clips to Twitter Users will have the ability to share video clips directly to Twitter. Maximum video length is 10 seconds, though you'll have the ability to trim longer clips.
- Stickers Tired of typing out messages? With this update, you'll be able to send stickers to friends through the messages.
- Now Playing / What's New The Now Playing screen will display even more information about what your friends are doing, and you'll be able to quickly jump into a game, party, request a screen share, or get sent to the PS Store to buy the game your friend is playing - further enhancing the social relationship with your friends online.
- Live from PlayStation We've improved the Live From PlayStation app, making it easier to view popular trending broadcasts in real-time.
- Request to watch gameplay Want to view a friend's gameplay session? Now you can send a Request to Watch' notification to a player, which will start a live broadcast or Share Play invitation to the person playing.
For more information and downloads, click here!
There are 0 comments - Join In and Discuss Here