March 14th, 2019, 20:24 Posted By: wraggster
The PSVita didn’t get a native port of a Grand Theft Auto game which, in my opinion, is very unfortunate as I believe that a Vita port could’ve given a much better gaming experience than GTA’s ports on iOS/Android. Apparently, more people think the same and now, TheFlow is doing the work of the gods by creating a NATIVE RESOLUTION patch for the PSP’s Grand Theft Auto series when run on the PSVita!
As its title suggests, this patch makes the PSP’s Grand Theft Auto games (GTA Vice City Stories and GTA Liberty City Stories) render at native resolution on the PSVita (960×544).
This allows for a sharper and much-nicer looking image without the blurriness that upscaling a 480×272 (PSP’s native resolution) image brings about. Work on this patch started a short while ago with TheFlow first mentioning it publicly on March 1st and yesterday, he made another Reddit thread demonstrating his progress. As of right now, the following is known about the patch:
- This patch, which will run inside Adrenaline, will allow the PSP’s GTA games to run at 960×544 (native resolution of the Vita; double that of the PSP) on the PSVita and PSTV
- TheFlow says that performance will not be greatly affected as he only mentioned a small bit of slowdown that doesn’t affect playbility
- As the PSP only has 2MB Video RAM, the games will run at a reduced colour space of 16-bits rather than 32-bits.
- However, this will not really affect the picture’s quality as demonstrated in the comparison screenshots that TheFlow provided (below)
- Currently, the plugin isn’t available for download
- These type of patches are game-specific so don’t expect the ability to render all games at a higher resolution similar to what PPSSPP does
For more information and downloads, click here!
There are 0 comments - Join In and Discuss Here