October 9th, 2009, 03:42 Posted By: NineByNine
There are new test builds up for PSPKVM 0.5.4. We don't have an official release as yet (Max, project lead, seems a bit too swamped to do the merge), but these should be pretty stable, and have been tested a fair bit and not just by me, so I figure I'll post 'em up now. See the project wiki 'Test builds' page at http://sourceforge.net/apps/trac/pspkvm/wiki/TestBuilds for the download links.
Notes on additions/changes:
- AMS folder system added. Lets you sort/file your Midlets a little more easily if you've a lot installed.
- Much better/more robust multilingual/font support. Now supports all 12 specified fonts for J2ME (system, mono, and proportional fonts in normal, bold, italic, bold-italic), as well as a 'fallback' font convenient for massive pan-Unicode or Han (Chinese/Japanese/Korean) font sets that don't typically have different weights. Demo distros at that testbuild site come with Deja Vu and Firefly Sung fonts already in--makes for very good multilingual support--see captures at http://sourceforge.net/apps/trac/psp...lDemonstration.
- Cyrillic and Greek script support for the semichordal virtual board
- Wider diacritic support for the semichordal board--with Cyrillic/Greek... see more details at http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/sho...d.php?t=253327.
- A new 'in-GUI' config system for some of the features formerly set in the .ini file.
ETA: PSPKVM is a Java 2 Microedition (J2ME) VM for the PSP--meaning it allows you to run 'Midlets'--small Java applets designed for phones and smartphones--on your console. There are thousands of midlets available, covering applications from web browsers, IRC and ssh clients, through spreadsheets and a huge number of games. In addition, since PSPKVM supports the Multiple VM (MVM) J2ME extension, you can run multiple midlets at once--effectively making your PSP a multitasking console.
For more information and downloads, click here!
There are 3 comments - Join In and Discuss Here