Posted By: bandit
Just yesterday Team M33 announced that they are to take a short break before releasing their latest custom firmware to teach lamers how to respect developers. Like true developers, they were true to their word, it was a one day break! Today they have released their latest v3.71 custom firmware for PSP.
Here is the readme:
3.71 M33 by M33=Dark_AleX
Changes in 3.71 M33:
- Now uses 3.71
- VSH Menu is not longer launched using HOME key, but using SELECT now. This is to not interfere with the XMB function of home, which is now more useful in this firmware.
- Psp Slim: umdcache was allocating memory even when homebrew was launched, wasting memory that homebrew programs may want to use. Now umdcache module is stopped before it can allocate any memory, only in the case homebrew is launched. Also, memory is unprotected for user memory usage by M33 core (only when homebrew is launched). Developer, for a sample of how to use the extra memory, see the extra ram sample of the M33 sdk.
- Both version boot now from 3.XX ipl, and are independent of 1.50. The main installer will not install 1.50 kernel anymore. A 1.50 kernel addon for 3.71 M33 that will install inside 3.71 M33 will be released in a few days (for fat only)
Note: due to some changes in kernel nids by Sony, you can expect a lot of kernel plugins not working anymore.
Programmers: refer to the sdk readme for details.
First method for both psp, the prefered when possible:
Requeriments: a fat psp slim with 3.52 M33-3 or 3.52 M33-4. Previous versions of M33 won't work, due to a bug that affects them and OE; or a psp slim with 3.60 M33.
- Copy the UPDATE directory into /PSP/GAME/UPDATE and copy the EBOOT.PBP of the 3.71 Sony updater there but with name "371.PBP". Note: the program will not even show if you copy it to a different folder than that.
- If you are in the fat psp, make sure you have configured the psp to run the game folder in the 3.XX kernel.
- Execute the program, it requires 78% of battery. If you have idstorage corrupted due to a downgrader, the program will ask you to correct it automatically so the update can continue.
- Press X, and the Sony updater will begin. Sit and enjoy while Sony code installs 3.71 M33
- When finished, the updater will ask you to reboot (pressing X or O). DO IT. Do not skip this step shutting down the psp by yourself, or you'll end with a brick.
- You should be now in 3.71 M33
Unbricker for both psp slim&fat and 1.50 kernel installer for fat 3.71 M33, will be released in few days... and it will be last thing from me.
YES, M33 is Dark_Alex...Dark_AleX is M33!
In addition to DA revealing himself, these are the other people behind Team M33
Coder M33 : Dark_AleX
HM33 : Adrahil & Alek
WebCoder : Alek
Betatester : Mathieulh
Source: M33 / Dark_AleX
Download via comments