June 20th, 2006, 09:28 Posted By: Kramer
Percival and PSP 3D are proud to release the latest version of Super Mario War for PSP, a port of the awesome home-made Super Mario deathmatch game (think of it as a mix of Super Smash Brothers, with the items and actions of Super Mario) orginally developed by Michael Schaffer and Florian Hufsky. The latest version features a plethora of bugfixes, game improvements and optimizations, as well as new features; download your copy now! The game features a ton of different characters and maps to choose from, a complete library of music, awesome CPU AI, and a variety of game modes to choose from. It's fully modable; read the README.txt included for more information on the game, skinning, upgrading from v1.0, and more.
New features/fixes in v1.01 include:
- Fixed programming error causing 1.5 users to get black or blue screens.
- The game can now be saved to a folder other than /PSP/GAME/smw.
- Some maps didn't load at all, now fixed.
- Fixed each goomba showing twice in goomba mode.
- Exiting or pausing the game during a screen shake (e.g. by stomping on another player) made the text appear in weird positions, now fixed.
- Fixed menu music always playing even during a game.
- Replaced giant font used with chicken and tag mode.
- Only 1 human player can now be set.
- Mario skin should now appear first.
- The numbers 2 and 3 in the race mode were hard to read, now legible.
- Press circle during team select to change to a random skin.
- Map selection: hold square and press left/right to jump 10 maps.
- Map selection: press analog left/right to jump to a map name starting
with the next letter.
- Preview map button changed from square to L/R.
Download Super Mario War v1.01 for firmware 1.0 (2.XX via eLoader) from here.
Download Super Mario War v1.01 for firmware 1.5 from here.
For more information and downloads, click here!
There are 47 comments - Join In and Discuss Here