August 7th, 2011, 22:45 Posted By: wraggster
Sony has announced PlayStation Network PLAY, "a new program showcasing four of the season's hottest action titles".
Featuring Street Fighter III Third Strike Online Edition, The Baconing, BloodRayne: Betrayal and Renegade Ops, the PLAY promotion will become available for pre-order in North America, Europe, Australia and New Zealand from August 10, with the first release four days later and the program running until September 20.
With each pre-order from the PLAY program gamers will receive a PS3 theme, while each purchase will come with a separate gift. PlayStation Plus members will get an automatic 20 percent off every PLAY program purchase. Additionally, players who buy all four PLAY titles will receive a voucher code to download Payday: The Heist for free.
Here's the run-down of the PLAY line-up:
Sony said earlier today that all of its games will be offline for around five hours tomorrow morning due to PlayStation Network maintenance.http://www.computerandvideogames.com/314477/sony-announces-playstation-network-play-promotion/
- August 24: Street Fighter III Third Strike Online Edition - This highly-anticipated action-fighting title from Capcom features 20 playable characters, HD graphics, more than 200 pieces of unlockable content, more than 100 trials and more than 100 challenges. When Street Fighter III Third Strike Online Edition is purchased through PLAY, purchasers will be able to unlock GILL, the self-proclaimed god, without having to beat the game with every character, as day-one DLC. Street Fighter III Third Strike Online Edition will be €14.99 and will be available for pre-order until August 18.
- August 31: The Baconing - The newest action-RPG title from Hothead Studios is the third in the popular DeathSpank series. Attempt to defeat the Anti-Spank and his army of Cyborques, before they cast an evil shadow over Spanktopia. Discover exciting new worlds and battle hordes of enemies as you search to unlock the secret within the Fires of Bacon. When The Baconing is purchased through PLAY, purchasers will receive an additional co-op character, Roesha - One Bad Mutha. The Baconing will be €12.99 and will be available for pre-order until August 25.
- September 7: BloodRayne: Betrayal - This 2D side-scrolling platformer from Majesco Entertainment features 15 bloodthirsty levels where Rayne attempts to infiltrate a treacherous castle, take out a fiendish horde and stop an evil vampire massacre. When BloodRayne: Betrayal is purchased through PLAY, purchasers will receive a BloodRayne: Betrayal virtual item for their PlayStationHome avatar and an exclusive dynamic theme. BloodRayne: Betrayal will be €12.99 and will be available for pre-order until September 1.
- September 14: Renegade Ops - This top-down, driving shooter from SEGA features a huge variety of vehicles, guns and endless enemies. The game features Sandbox-style missions, so there are many different ways to play. When Renegade Ops is purchased through PLAY, purchasers will receive a Vehicle & Character Pack with two new vehicles and special weapons. Renegade Ops will be €12.99 and will be available for pre-order until September 9.
- Bonus Gift: Payday: The Heist - This gritty, first-person shooter from Sony Online Entertainment lets players take on the role of a hardened career criminal executing intense, dynamic heists in constant pursuit of the next "big score." A PSN voucher code for Payday: The Heist will be provided to buyers of all four PLAY titles as a bonus gift provided they purchase the games on or before September 20, following release of the game. The game can also be pre-ordered separately starting September 21, 2011. European pricing for Payday: The Heist is to be confirmed.
For more information and downloads, click here!
There are 0 comments - Join In and Discuss Here