March 6th, 2007, 23:47 Posted By: wraggster
Sony Computer Entertainment America (SCEA) today announced details of its presence at the 2007 Game Developers Conference (GDC), with Phil Harrison, president of Worldwide Studios, Sony Computer Entertainment, delivering the opening keynote speech. GDC is the world's largest conference dedicated to the support and promotion of game development, running March 5-9, at the Moscone Center in San Francisco, Calif.
Phil Harrison's keynote presentation, "Game 3.0: Developing and Creating for the 3rd Age of Videogames," will kick off the conference on March 7th, from 10:30 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. PST. The speech will focus on the key components of Game 3.0-- community, user-generated content, collaboration and commerce--all highlighted through live demonstrations of previously un-announced services and games for PLAYSTATION®3 (PS3™).
"This is a very exciting time to be part of the game business. With advancements in technology and a shift in consumer trends, the development community has a great opportunity to create engaging new experiences in emergent entertainment content," said Phil Harrison, president of Worldwide Studios, Sony Computer Entertainment. "This year we can expect to see a radical shift in creative game development that's destined to drive our industry through the next decade or more."
Following the keynote presentation, the SCEA booth will be a central focus at GDC as the company introduces new development tools and technologies designed specifically for PS3 and the PLAYSTATION®Network, as well as PSP® (PlayStation®Portable) handheld entertainment system. The SCEA booth - Booth #410, West Hall - will offer visitors a sneak-peek at:
* Tuner for PS3 - Developed by SN Systems, a subsidiary of Sony Computer Entertainment Inc., the Tuner is a profiling tool that enables developers to quickly highlight bottlenecks and conflicts in source code, helping them improve code performance. The Tuner is a software application, so there is no special hardware required, which enables developers to create high performance games with less guesswork.
* Unreal® Engine 3 - Epic's next-generation game engine technology targets a diverse set of genres from fighting games to shooters to Massive Multiplayer Online Role-Playing Games
* High-Level Graphics Package - PSSG (a PS3 optimized cross-platform graphics engine and tool-chain) production-ready extensible scene-graph framework that is written to take advantage of PS3 strengths
* Pioneering profiling and analysis tools and physics technologies
* Developing with Linux on PS3
* Demonstration of downloadable titles from the PLAYSTATION Network, such as flOw, Blast Factor™ and Calling all Cars™
Additionally, SCE developers, engineers, and other specialists will be hosting a variety of educational panels in an effort to support and encourage the creative innovation of developers and publishers.
For more information and downloads, click here!
There are 1 comments - Join In and Discuss Here