June 11th, 2018, 21:28 Posted By: wraggster
Heres some great news for PSVita owners (like myself)
A couple of hours ago, TheFlow revealed that he had been working on another exploit chain for the PSVita during the last month and now, he has almost pieced it together! That by itself is great news since it means that even after he releases the exploit he’s been promising, he’ll still be sitting on yet another hack for a higher FW. This is great since Sony will presumably release a firmware update to patch his FW 3.65-3.68 hack.
However, the good news doesn’t end there as TheFlow also announced that he will be releasing his upcoming hack in September 2018! This new ETA is more specific than ‘not before next September’ which he revealed to us a short while, so that means that in 3 months or so, you’ll be able to hack your PSVita/PSTV running FW 3.61-3.68!
Obviously, this is very exciting news since those stuck on a firmware higher than FW 3.60 will be able to hack their PSVita/PSTV to make it more useful but there are still things to look out for!
What should you do now?
This is the question on everybody’s mind after major news and it’ll be explained here so that you won’t regret any impulse actions!
You should do the following:
- If you have a PSVita/PSTV running firmware 3.60, stay there or use TheFlow’s CFW Updater if you really want to install firmware 3.65. Currently, you should not update since FW 3.65-3.68 still aren’t hackable since TheFlow hasn’t released his upcoming hack just yet!
- If your PSVita/PSTV is running firmware 3.61 or 3.63, you’re safe to update to firmware 3.65 NOT firmware 3.67/3.68!!
- You should update to firmware 3.65 because TheFlow’s upcoming hack won’t support firmware 3.61 and 3.63. However, you shouldn’t update to firmware 3.67/3.68 because they won’t be getting untethered HENkaku (HENkaku Ensō) so you’ll have to reapply HENkaku/taiHEN every time you reboot!
- Those on firmware 3.65 should stay there for the above reason.
- However, if your PSVita/PSTV is running firmware 3.67 or 3.68, there isn’t much to do at this point except for waiting.While not necessary for hacking the PSVita, HENkaku Ensō will save you the headache of having to reapply taiHEN every reboot!
You’re safe to update to FW 3.68 if you’re on FW 3.67 so that you can still use PSN since not much has changed between the two.
As usual, patience is key here and nagging TheFlow won’t get his hack released any faster. That means that you should patiently wait till September arrives for TheFlow’s release since after all, he doesn’t owe you anything!
TheFlow’s Twitter (further updates): https://twitter.com/theflow0
For more information and downloads, click here!
There are 0 comments - Join In and Discuss Here