<blockquote>PspMediaServer for .NET - Version 0.7.3
This document was last updated 03/03/2006 4:00PM EST by CJ
You can now stream your entire MP3 collection from your home PC (Windows XP/MCE/2K) to your Sony PSP (w/ firmware version 2.6+) - anywhere in the world - with this dynamic RSS channel creator. No need to take up valuable space on your memory stick.
* Dynamicly generates an RSS Channel from your MP3's
* Reads ID3 Tags and adds them as metedata to the channel
* Stream/Play music off the RSS Channel directly from your PSP Browser
III Release Notes: (updated 03/03/2006)
* Windows 2000/XP/MCE machine (tested on all 3)
* Playstation Portable Player (PSP) w/ version 2.6.0+ firmware
* some MP3 files
* .Net Framework 1.1
* download PspMediaSever_0.X.X.rar (see below) & unrar to a temp directory
* run setup.exe, choose defaults, close.
* go to the IIS Admin Tool (Start > Control Panel > Administrative Tools > Internet Information Services Manager)
* Create a new Virtual Directory (alias "PSP"), path is your "My Music" (or wherever your MP3s are stored), allow read/run scripts/browse setting, click next, close.
* change the following line in the C:\inetpub\wwwroot\PspMediaServer\web.config file to:
<add key="WebServerRoot" value="YOUR_INTERNAL_IP" />
where YOUR_INTERNAL_IP is the value of your internal ip address (ie 192.168.0.3)
* Test your new webserver by browsing to http://YOUR_INTERNAL_IP/PspMediaServer & clicking on GetAllMedia - HTML
* On your PSP, browse to http://YOUR_INTERNAL_IP/PspMediaServer & click on GetAllMedia - XML. Choose YES to add as an RSS channel
IV Version History:
The latest version is: 0.7.3 (Alpha)
* 0.7.3 fixed subfolder with spaces bug
* 0.7.2 added default.aspx/html version of XML with XSLT
* 0.7.1 fixed ID3 Tag url tag
* 0.7.0 added mp3/ID3 Tag support
* 0.6.0 added subfolder support
* 0.5.0 first alpha version
V Upcoming Features:
* multiple Audio format support
* detailed dynamic IP / firewall intructions
* different channels by genre/artist/playlist!!!
* Video? It is possible Sony will release support in future versions
VI Misc Notes:
* Older PSP firmware (<2.6) versions should a homebrew rss reader.
Welcome to the DCEmu Homebrew and Gaming Network. This Network of sites is owned and ran by fans of the retro consoles and the latest next-gen consoles, we post news on all the consoles we cover about hardware aspects, gaming, modification, Hacking and Homebrew. Homebrew and Emulation are software thats made using free and legal tools to play on games consoles. This Network is the only worldwide network of sites where coders can upload and post news of their own releases and get the credit and comments they deserve for all their hardwork. We have a Network that currently supports PSvita, Nintendo 3DS, WiiU, PS4, Xbox720, Nintendo Wii, Xbox360,Pandora, Dingoo, Wiz, PS3, PS2, Xbox, Gamecube, Nintendo DS, PSP, GBA, Dreamcast, Sega Saturn, Android, Apple, Blackberry, GP32, GP2X, Nintendo 64, Snes, Gameboy, Nes, Virtual Boy, Apple iPhone, Ipad, Ipod Touch, Ipod, Windows Phone and also Mobile Phone Emulation. When new consoles appear we will expand to cover those consoles.
Please help DCEmu become stronger by posting on the forums every day and make our community larger.