Posted By: wraggster
The ScummVM Team has released a new version of ScummVM for tons of consoles and Operating Systems,
Heres the release details:
We can call it a tremendous development. Half a year since 0.11.1 passed pretty quickly, and we are pleased to announce the release of 0.12.0!
This new version of ScummVM adds support for 5 completely new games. The games that now run smoothly on many more platforms than was initially intended are: The Legend of Kyrandia: Book Two: Hand of Fate, The Legend of Kyrandia: Book Three: Malcolm's Revenge, Lost in Time, The Bizarre Adventures of Woodruff and the Schnibble and Drascula: The Vampire Strikes Back.
The number of supported platforms grew as well. The PS2 port has been revived, and the GameCube and Wii are now supported too. Take your Wiimote and make your beloved adventure game protagonist run around the screen
For those new to ScummVM heres a description:
ScummVM is a program which allows you to run certain classic graphical point-and-click adventure games, provided you already have their data files. The clever part about this: ScummVM just replaces the executables shipped with the games, allowing you to play them on systems for which they were never designed!
Some of the adventures ScummVM supports include Adventure Soft's Simon the Sorcerer 1 and 2; Revolution's Beneath A Steel Sky, Broken Sword 1 and Broken Sword 2; Flight of the Amazon Queen; Wyrmkeep's Inherit the Earth; Coktel Vision's Gobliiins; Westwood Studios' The Legend of Kyrandia and games based on LucasArts' SCUMM (Script Creation Utility for Maniac Mansion) system such as Monkey Island, Day of the Tentacle, Sam and Max and more. You can find a thorough list with details on which games are supported and how well on the compatibility page. ScummVM is continually improving, so check back often.
Heres the release notes:
- Added support for The Legend of Kyrandia: Book Two: Hand of Fate.
- Added support for The Legend of Kyrandia: Book Three: Malcolm's Revenge.
- Added support for Lost in Time.
- Added support for The Bizarre Adventures of Woodruff and the Schnibble.
- Added support for the PC version of Waxworks.
- Added support for the Macintosh version of I Have no Mouth, and I
- Added support for Drascula: The Vampire Strikes Back.
- Added CAMD MIDI driver for AmigaOS4.
- Revived the PS2 port (was already in 0.11.1 but was forgotten in the
- Plugged numerous memory leaks in all engines (part of GSoC'08 task),
- Added audio double buffering to the SDL backend, which fixes the
problems with the MT-32 emulator on Mac OS X (for now only enabled
on Mac OS X).
- Fixed crashes during certain music in Amiga versions of Elvira 1 and
Simon the Sorcerer 1.
- Fixed palette issues in Amiga versions of Simon the Sorcerer 1.
- Speech is played at the correct sample rate. (It used to be pitched a bit
- Rewrote parts of Digital iMUSE, fixing some bugs.
- Rewrote the internal timer code, fixing some speed issues in e.g. COMI.
- Improved support for sound effects in Amiga version of Zak McKracken.
- Added support for mixed Adlib/MIDI mode in Monkey Island 1 (Floppy).
Download and Give Feedback Via Comments