Posted By: wraggster
The Downgrader for v2.5 and v2.6 PSP Consoles by Dark_Alex, Mathieulh, and Yoshihiro has been updated to a Final working version. Remember that unless you know and are confident of what you are doing then do not use this downgrader,
Heres whats new in this release:
- Added a checking for the AC adaptor. Now it's necessary in order to begin the downgrade.heres a guide that Freeplay wrote:
- Removed the logs, they could cause problems with people with 32 MB memsticks.
Also i want to explain a couple of things:
- The "Disc cannot be read" problem. This is caused because the hardware restart that the downdater does, doesn't restart the umd device. There were a more proper way to reinit the psp, but it wasn't working in this exploit. Not a big problem really, since after you restart manually the psp, the problem is gone.
- DO NOT USE dumps of other firmwares. As important as the files, is the IPL (Initial Program Loader), which is written by a library of the Sony 1.50 updater, that is hardcoded to write the 1.50 IPL.
Here, have a guide:Make sure you dont have a PSP version TA-082 which can easily be spotted by opening the UMD Drive and looking in the top-right corner for the text "IC1003" If you see those digits you cannot downgrade or even use the PSP Modchip.
Get the appropriate ZIP file from the very first post in this thread. password -
(copy and past, password is case sensitive)
There should be an EBOOT.PBP file in the ZIP file.
On your memory stick, go to PSP, then GAME. Make a folder called DOWNDATERTEST.
Put the EBOOT.PBP file in DOWNDATERTEST.
If you have a 1.50 dump, copy the DOWNDATER folder to the TOP LEVEL of your memory stick.
IF YOU DO NOT HAVE A DUMP, DO NOT EVEN ATTEMPT TO RUN THIS PROGRAM. YOU MAY BRICK YOUR PSP.
For example, if your memory stick is O:\, copy it there.
This folder should contain two folders and two files:
DOWNDATER\DUMP\ (containing the 1.50 dump)
DOWNDATER\PRX\ (containing the 1.50 UPDATE .PRX files)
IF THIS IS ALL OK, YOU SHOULD BE SET:
* The two files and two folders mentioned above
* PSP\GAME\DOWNDATERTEST\EB OOT.PBP
* A PSP THAT DID NOT COME WITH 2.60 PRE-INSTALLED
Now... Go into GTA, go into eLoader, and run "DOWNDATER TEST".
The Memory Stick light will blink for about 2-3 minutes.
Afterwards, your PSP should reboot.
You should get the blue "Reset to defaults" screen. Press O.
The PSP will reboot again. You will have to define basic settings again.
You might notice a "Disc could not be read" error.
If you do, take the battery out, put it back in, and reboot.
Good luck, folks!
Download and Give Feedback Via Comments
Please check out our Original Release Thread and read throughly before trying to Downgrade.
As always my adivce is do not use if your not 100% sure and confident