Posted By: wraggster
News/release from Torch
I strongly recommend that you first only install the vshmain.prx and check if it works. Because if it bricks then you can still access recovery menu to put back your original vshmain.prx. Only if vshmain.prx is working, should you install the recovery.prx.
Tested on 3.90M33-3 PSP Slim.
Fixed sleep mode from not working in some situations.
Reduced heap size, and freed some allocated memory on quit.
Lockdown allows you to password protect your PSP from prying eyes.
It also protects the Recovery Menu so that the protection can't be disabled without considerable effort, such as writing a VSH mode plugin to uninstall it from flash0, or by unbricking with Pandora.
* Modern GUI
* Uses PSP keys like Square, Cross, Circle etc as password, instead of fumbling with an on screen keyboard
* Fully configurable from the PSP
* Protects Recovery Menu as well
* Supports 2 modes of operation: 1st mode will only ask for password when the PSP is rebooted or powered on. 2nd mode will ask for password every time the XMB is launched, such as after quitting a game etc.
* Application errors (Game could not be started, etc) will be displayed normally in the XMB unlike other password programs which won't display these messages. So you know why you were sent back to the XMB.
1. Open flash0 via USB. Go to flash0:/vsh/module folder. Make sure you have enough free space to install both the files.
2. Rename the vshmain.prx to vshmain_real.prx
3. Rename the recovery.prx to recovery_real.prx
4. Paste the two files from the archive in this folder.
5. Ensure that you have renamed the files correctly or you will brick.
6. Disconnect USB and reboot the PSP.
7. You will see the password screen asking you to set a new password. You can use the PSP face buttons, the D-Pad and L-Trigger & R-Trigger. You can enter a maximum of 10 buttons. Press Start after you are done. It will ask you to re-type the password for confirmation.
8. Now you can select one of the two modes of operation: Ask password only on reboot, or every time you go to the XMB.
9. To change the password later, just press Select at the password input screen. It will ask for the old password, and then you can set a new one, as well as change the functioning mode.
I suggest that you first install only vshmain.prx and dont rename/install recovery.prx. Once you got vshmain.prx working, then its safe to install recovery.prx. Because if vshmain.prx didn't work, you will still have the recovery menu to revert it.
Delete the vshmain.prx and recovery.prx and rename the vshmain_real.prx and recovery_real.prx back to the original names.
Also delete the buttons.ini in flash0:
Download and Give Feedback Via Comments