December 1st, 2006, 08:30 Posted By: Kramer
iR Shell 3.0 public release is finally out. With the help from Dark_Alex, this version can now run under firmware 2.71. Below is a highlight to some of the new features. For a complete list, refer to the "Revision History.txt" document.
- Full support on firmware 1.5, 2.71 with HenD, Dark_Alex 2.71 SEC, Devhook firmware emulation with 1.5 & 2.71.
- Added "Mute Game Audio" function to allow muting of game specific audio channels. For example, you can mute the game music and leave the sound effort intact while playing your favorite mp3s via iR Shell mp3 player.
- Allow use of PC Joysticks or keyboards instead of PSP keypad to control iR Shell, UMD Games or homebrews via USB or WiFi. You can even use the 2nd analog nub on a PC joystick to control the game, such as aiming in a FPS.
- Besides launching XMB from fw 1.5 iR Shell. you can now launch XMB from fw 2.71 iR Shell. Together with host redirections, you can use firmware 2.71 XMB Moive Player to view MP4 & AVC movies stored on a PC. You can also use the built-in iR Shell MP3 player after launching XMB.
- Updated the launch XMB function, so you can leave the game disc in the UMD drive when launching XMB.
- Allow the use of maximum LCD brightness settings (4th brightness normally available only with a power adapter).
- The following plugins have been ported/converted for firmware 2.71 iR Shell, which means these types of files can be opened directly when running iR Shell under firmware 2.71. They can also be run standalone under firmware 2.71 if you wish. The source code can be downloaded from iR Shell forum.
* Pmf Player (PMF)
* Bookr 0.71 (TXT & PDF)
* PMPMOD AVC 1.02 (AVC)
* Atrac3 Player (AT3)
* ZIP & RAR Unarchiver (ZIP & RAR)
- Added a firmware version indicator to tell you what firmware version iR Shell is running.
- Allow pmf movie as splash screen.
- Changed the maximum number of plugins from 10 to 20.
- Changed the maximum mp3 playlist size from 10 to 30.
- Changed the maximum highlighted files from 10 to 30 for File Manipulation.
- You can associate an icon image to each sub-folder under APP view.
Special Thanks to:
- Dark_Alex for helping to crack several Sony protections to allow iR Shell to run under firmware 2.71 environment.
- StoneCut for managing the iR Shell forum, providing technical supports and releasing an ISO plugin for iR Shell which is bundled with this release. The ISO plugin is for Dark_Alex 2.71 SEC and should only be used to play legally owned backups. Suloku has also released another ISO plugin for iR Shell in the iR Shell forum.
- AnonymousTipster for releasing a modded version of usbhostfs & nethostfs which allows user to customise the PC joystick and keyboard layout when using keypad redirection feature.
- Terdinglage for making a Package Generator for iR Shell. This is a very user friendly and powerful generator which allows the users to pick the specific iR Shell packages via a web interface. You can choose different skins with PMF splash intro (many of which are not included in the default 3.0 release) and Infra-Red Remotes, and it will generate a compressed archive which you can then install to your PSP. Here is a direct link to the iR Shell package generator: http://www.pspbrew.com/index.php?pag...r.php&packId=2
- All Beta Testers for their torture testing and valuable suggestions.
- All Skins Makers for enhancing the interface look and feel.
Keypad Redirection Video preview
Download and Give Feedback Via Comments
For more information and downloads, click here!
There are 111 comments - Join In and Discuss Here