Posted By: wraggster
Bubbletune has updated his Game Categories Plugin yesterday, heres the release details:
This plugin allows you to categorize your game menu and keep it more organized.
- A PSP with 5.00 M33-3 or higher (it may break in the future, therefor I will update it as soon as I have the chance to do so)
- Copy game_categories.prx to the seplugins folder and enable it in the recovery.
- Create folders prefixed with 'CAT_' in the GAME, GAME150, GAME5XX or ISO folder.
- Fill them with everything you want to appear for that specific category (if you have the same category name in two or more folders they will be mixed).
- Keep the Sony file length limitations in mind, due to the name of the category being added to the total length, the length of each filename will increase even more. If a corrupt icon shows up, try lowering the length of the filename.
- Boot your PSP, open vshmenu and select the appropriate category (a new option will be added by the plugin, this will happen seamlessly and everything should keep working).
- If you change category while currently in the game menu, it will automatically leave the game menu and recache the directory.
- A 'Show all' and 'Uncategorized' option are available in case you need them.
Just before I was about to release this plugin, I saw MK2k's APPSwitcher hit the forums.
After checking it out I still believe that this plugin is useful to release for numerous reasons.
- No need for a configuration file, everything is detected.
- Convenient integration in the vshmenu for quick switching.
- Patches the IoFileMgr driver directly instead of renaming the folders.
- Loads entirely in kernel memory as opposed to user memory (reduces crashes).
- Recaches the game menu without anything required to be done by the user.
- It has 'Show all' and 'Uncategorized' options.
Nonetheless, I thank MK2k for his contribution to the scene
Download and Give Feedback via Comments