July 14th, 2006, 01:34 Posted By: shadowprophet
Its a great day for 1.5 psps isn't it? Today with special thanks to Jas0nuk and his amazing patience for my barrage of questions, He lead me to the file that made devhook legal, via a special patch that was created by Mtwomg, This is Devhook 0.44 that emulates firmware version 2.7 on 1.5 psps!!! Complete with working web browser with flash support and rss!! (on 222 mhz anyway).
This is all ready to go!
Remember special thanks goes to Booster ,For createing Devhook, Mtwomg, For Makeing it legal, And Jas0nuk, author Of the devhook umd only version patch for 0.42, Without these three people, This Program wouldnt be possible on this site!!
1. Download DevHook 0.44 from here
2. Go into the MS-Root folder in the DevHook download and copy the dh and psp folder onto the
root of your mem-stick
3. Download pbp unpacker
4. Download 2.60/2.71 update from 2.6/2.71
5. Open the update with pbp unpacker and extract all the files to wherever you want (the file needed is the data.psar)
6. Get the data.psar from the extracted update and put that onto the root of your mem-stick
7. On the psp choose devhook installer and start that, then when you are in the eboot start the installer, at the end if you want to copy your flash1 read what is says on the screen, which should be something like "press O to copy flash1 registry files"
8. Download the decrypted 2.60/2.71 dump from somewhere I have a link but cannot provide it (the reboot.bin will be what is needed from the decrypted dump)
8.5. (Only if you're setting up 2.71). Copy ms0:\dh\260\flash1 to ms0:\dh\271\.
9. Now from the decrypted 2.60/2.71 you downloaded you will need the reboot.bin, copy the reboot.bin into ms0:\dh\260\flash0 (or ms0:\dh\271\flash0 for 2.71) and also copy it into ms0:\dh\kd and replace the one that is currently in there
Mini Guide courtesy of chriscooke109
Download and Give feedback Via comments
Just so as you all understand, this means that every single PSP Game released should now be playable on Firmware v1.5 Consoles, an awesome day for homebrewers and a great way to legally play your UMDs Games on older firmware.
For more information and downloads, click here!
There are 280 comments - Join In and Discuss Here