February 4th, 2007, 16:45 Posted By: gunntims0103
New Release of the Custom Firmware from Dark ALex which supports the Latest Sony 3.10 Firmware, Region Free UMD Movie Playback, Most Homebrew and also the Full Speed Playstation Emulator (Compatibility List)
Originally Posted by Dark_AleX
This is custom firmware 3.10 OE-A
Since it is the first release, it can only be installed as a full installation.
Instructions are as always, oeupdmaker to create the dxar from 150.PBP and 310.PBP, and 310oeflasher
to install the firmware from the dxar previously generated.
Although, it is obvious, i'll say it in capital letters: DO NOT USE ANY DXAR FROM 3.03 OE, USE THE ONE
GENERATED WITH THE INCLUDED OEUPDMAKER AND SONY 1.50 AND 3.10 FIRMWARES UPDATES.
Checksums of the generated dxar:
SHA256: 2107EC67CE7434E250FF71AF302430B3586AA4519F3405D435 94414B3C940B74
Note 1: the installer will disable all plugins to avoid incompatibilities when booting. You can
enable them again in the recovery menu.
Note 2: the plugin to load 3.02 pops won't work anymore in 3.10 OE, due to some changes in pops
modules structure (meaudio fused with popsman, idcanager/idmanager behaviour slightly changed).
A new plugin for 3.10 could be written next week.
Changes in 3.10 OE-A:
- Change from 3.03 firmware to 3.10
- 4th level of brightness (aka battery eater) can now be selected also without ac adaptor.
- Changes in hen core:
* Static user elf's can now be executed in the 3.10 kernel. (this includes snes user version
between other programs)
* Tyranid's patch (added in 3.03 OE-C) consequences was not explained very well in the changelog of 3.03 OE-C:
- For programmers: it allows kernel modules to have user imports, making kernel programming
in 3.03/3.10 less strict.
- For users: plugins and applications that worked in 2.71 SE, but not in OE, *may* now work in 3.03OE-C
and 3.10 OE-A.
DIGG THIS NEWS
Download and give feedback via comment
via dark alex
For more information and downloads, click here!
There are 312 comments - Join In and Discuss Here