Did you like the news about that oh-so-close Another World interpreter for the PSP?
Well, now you have the sequel! HOTA for the PSP is just released.
- Get an ISO image from the original HOTA game for the Sega CD.
- Don't ask anyone here (or me) where to get it, use your creativity (or google if you don't have any).
- The ISO file must be called "Heart Of The Alien (U).iso" and be in the same folder as the eboot.
- Some vertical lines in the display
- No music tracks
- Intro exits after one specific part
I'm working on solving both. The lines problem will go away soon for sure. About the intro I'm a little clueless, but you can just skip it for now using Triangle (see below). If you want so watch it just get the PC interpreter from http://hota.sourceforge.net
- Full sound effects
- Full screen display
- Quick Save/load -- that's a really good one! Never need to use those passwords again. Although you can still press Start anytime to go to the PW screen.
You need about 10KB for saving the game with Quick Save.
- D-Pad: movement
- Square: run (hold and move) / shoot (see below)
- Cross: Jump
- Circle: whip
- Triangle: skip cutscenes, quit (although it's generally better to exit via the home button)
- Tap the button to shoot. Press and hold for a few moments to create a shield. The shield will disapeear after some time. Press and hold for even more time (the glow in the tip of the whip will get bigger) to release an energy blast, which destroys other shields, and some kinds of doors/enemies/machines.
- In one part of the game you get two parts of a bomb and need to activate it somewhere. Press X, Square and Circle at the same time to activate the bomb.
Welcome to the DCEmu Homebrew and Gaming Network. This Network of sites is owned and ran by fans of the retro consoles and the latest next-gen consoles, we post news on all the consoles we cover about hardware aspects, gaming, modification, Hacking and Homebrew. Homebrew and Emulation are software thats made using free and legal tools to play on games consoles. This Network is the only worldwide network of sites where coders can upload and post news of their own releases and get the credit and comments they deserve for all their hardwork. We have a Network that currently supports PSvita, Nintendo 3DS, WiiU, PS4, Xbox720, Nintendo Wii, Xbox360,Pandora, Dingoo, Wiz, PS3, PS2, Xbox, Gamecube, Nintendo DS, PSP, GBA, Dreamcast, Sega Saturn, Android, Apple, Blackberry, GP32, GP2X, Nintendo 64, Snes, Gameboy, Nes, Virtual Boy, Apple iPhone, Ipad, Ipod Touch, Ipod, Windows Phone and also Mobile Phone Emulation. When new consoles appear we will expand to cover those consoles.
Please help DCEmu become stronger by posting on the forums every day and make our community larger.