Posted By: wraggster
JasonUK the master of the Legal Devhook UMD Version has released a utility for use with Custom Firmware, heres the readme:
VSHExtender module for 1.50 by jas0nuk
Partially based on BOOSTER's code but largely rewritten for 1.50 firmware.
This module adds 'extensions' to your 1.50 VSH/XMB that can be accessed via keypresses.
It should be used with the Dark_AleX custom firmware or a similar custom firmware that allows you to use external modules.
- Press HOME + SELECT in the XMB to change the CPU and GPU speeds, steps are 133/66, 222/111, 266/133, and 333/166
- Press HOME + CIRCLE in the XMB to change the CPU speed to 30MHz and the GPU to 50MHz. This makes the XMB become a little laggy but is fine for playing AT3 music or AVC video as this is hardware decoded
- Press HOME + L TRIGGER to execute ms0:/PSP/SYSTEM/DEVBOOT.PBP - this is yet ANOTHER way of booting DevHook instantly into 2.71 firmware, but now you can do it after startup
- Press HOME + R TRIGGER to get battery percentage, voltage and temperature information.
.. is very simple, just add the line
loadmodule0 = "ms0:/PSP/SYSTEM/vshex.prx"
to your config.txt in ms0:/PSP/SYSTEM.
Alternatively, if this line is already taken by another module, add it as
loadmodule1 = "ms0:/PSP/SYSTEM/vshex.prx"
or loadmodule2 = "ms0:/PSP/SYSTEM/vshex.prx"
or loadmodule3 = "ms0:/PSP/SYSTEM/vshex.prx"
Then copy vshex.prx from the SYSTEM folder in the attached archive into your ms0:/PSP/SYSTEM folder
( Note: the archive is a little messed up, SYSTEM should be inside PSP, not outside :/ )
This mod has been tested by me countless times, and works fine with Dark_Alex's custom firmware and it's variants, such as LordSturms' and harleyg's 0.1 and 0.2 custom firmware.
Please make your feature requests and bug reports here.
Currently requested features
- Battery meter - DONE!
- "AutoUSB" (press a button combo and USB is activated instantly, and a warning is shown on the screen until it is deactivated with the same keys)
- AIOMod.prx compatibility
- Customizable button combos
- Backlight deactivator
Most of these will make it into 0.2
Download and Give Feedback Via Comments