July 9th, 2008, 23:08 Posted By: notaz
Finally PicoDrive 1.50 for PSP is ready.
This version should improve performance quite nicely for most games (even CD ones), thanks to ideas from Lordus (jEnesisDS author) and Exophase, and my own work, of course. This version also adds some support for Sega Pico, a toy based on Genesis/MegaDrive. Another feature is cue/bin support (finally) and improved Sega CD load times.
wraggster already posted the log, but I'll paste it again:
- Added some basic support for Sega Pico, a MegaDrive-based toy.
- Added proper support for cue/bin images, including cdda playback.
.cue sheets with iso/cso/mp3/wav files listed in them are now supported too (but 44kHz restriction still applies).
- Added bin_to_cso_mp3 tool, based on Exophase's bin_to_iso_ogg. The tool can convert .cue/.bin Sega CD images to .cso/.mp3.
- Greatly improved Sega CD load times.
- Changed how scheduling between 68k and z80 is handled. Improves performance for some games. Credits to Lordus for the idea.
- YM2612 state was not 100% saved, this should be better now.
- Improved renderer performance for shadow/hilight mode.
- Added a hack for YM2612 frequency overflow issue (bleep noises in Shaq Fu, Spider-Man - The Animated Series (intro music), etc.). Credits to Nemesis @ spritesmind forum. Works only if sound rate is set to 44kHz.
- Implemented some sprite rendering improvements, as suggested by Exophase. Games with lots of sprites now perform better.
- Added better idle loop detection, based on Lordus' idea again.
- "accurate timing" option removed, as disabling it no longer improves performance.
- "accurate sprites" was removed too, the new sprite code can properly handle sprite priorities in all cases.
- Timers adjusted again.
- Improved .smd detection code.
- Minor general optimizations and menu improvements.
- Fixed a bug in Sega CD savestate loader, where the game would sometimes crash after load.
- Fixed a crash of games using eeprom (introduced in 1.40b).
- fixed suspend/resume (hopefully for real).
July 17 update: 1.51 bugfix release:
- Improved bin_to_cso_mp3 tool, it should no longer complain about missing lame.exe even if it's in working dir.
- Fixed a regression from 1.50, which caused slowdowns in Final Fight.
- Fixed some regressions from 1.50 related to sprite limit and palette handling (caused graphical glitches in some games).
- Added ABC turbo actions to key config.
- Some other minor adjustments.
Download and Give Feedback & Compatibility Reports Via Comments
For more information and downloads, click here!
There are 84 comments - Join In and Discuss Here