Nanodesktop for PSP/PSPE allows you to create window applications for Sony Playstation Portable console (TM).
Two versions for real PSP and for PSPE
One of the most critical problems in PSP programming is to create homebrew code for real PSP and for PSPE emulator.
PSPE emulator (http://psp-news.dcemu.co.uk/pspe.htm
) is actually the only PSP emulator that we have. But PSPE, in reality, isn't a real emulator for PSP. You can run only few homebrews with PSPE. The source code of homebrews for PSPE and for real PSP is quite different.
Using Nanodesktop for PSPE you can write homebrews for PSPE in a very simple way. The library hides to user many of the troubles of programming under PSPE environment.
Furthermore, Nanodesktop hides to user the differences between C code for PSPE homebrews and for PSP homebrews. This means that you can write a program in C code and you can run it on PSPE and, after a simple recompilation, on a real PSP without any changes.
A complete environment for PSP Programming
We'll provide you tecnology for integrations of PSPE Emulator in Dev-C++ (www.bloodshed.net/devcpp.html)
You'll write your C code in Dev-C++ environment and you'll test your program using PSPE Emulator. When you have finished debug phase, you'll change a simple parameter in Dev-C++ and you'll obtain a new homebrew ready to run under real PSP platform.
Nanodesktop is a library for programming embedded systems. It was written in C language for maximum performace.
- Supports HAL (Hardware Abstraction Layer) for easy portability under any platform;
- Supports routines for creating, destroying, maximizing, minimizing windows;
- Supports text over bitmaps (overscan), trasparency, wallpapers;
- Supports load, save and show of images;
- Supports mouse emulation on PSP;
- Supports virtual keyboard emulation on PSP;
- Provides two types of File Manager (T1 and T2).
- Code for buttons, scroll bar, menù
- Supports icons and file classes;
- Supports API for system information;
- Support for drawings routines (fill, rectangle, circle, ellipse);
- Support for fonts;
- Support for trackbars and progress-bars;
- Support for web-cam
Nanodesktop is released in two version. The ordinary version, has integrated only support for load/save BMP images. The DevIL version, integrates an internal interface that uses the code of DevIL (TM) library to load and save different formats of images (GIF, JPG, PNG, PNM, PSD, PCX, ICO, TGA, SGI, TIF) .The final version of DevIL is downloadable here: http://openil.sourceforge.net/
The original version of DevIL isn't compatible with Nanodesktop. We'll provide a modified version of the library, that you can download with the DevIL version of Nanodesktop.