May 17th, 2009, 22:42 Posted By: Zack
So after a bit of work I bring you LuaPlayer Euphoria V3.
New Features, Improvements, Bug Fixes & Changes :
New Features :
1) IntraFont support. You can now load and blit fonts without the huge slowdown the built in font function has
How to use it ? Go to Samples/IntraFont for a working usage example.
1) Speed increase. Roughly between 20>40fps.
2) screen:clear() is now faster.
Bug Fixes :
1) screen:clear() now actually works. (it didn't in V2)
2) Image alpha on created images, colors, and loaded images now works.
3) 3D things I broke are now fixed (so 3d wise it is the same as .20 was).
4) FPS counter no longer flickers when not using waitVblankStart().
5) Checking for input (i.e pad = Controls.read()) no longer caps the framerate to 60fps. I suggest you use waitVblankStart() if you need to cap it to 60
Ok, so all of the function names in V1 & 2 have changed. I meant to do this from the beggining but rushed so much I didn't quite get to it. The function names now ring true to the default LuaPlayer naming convention.
Here are the new functions and names (also included in the download) :
All the readme/function files have been updated to reflect this release.
Plenty of stuff planned, MP3 Playback on the media engine, ogg playback on the media engine, more optimizations, additions of PSP Sce features such as savedata dialogue, OSK etc.
If you would like to request a feature be added, please do so at the official forum : LuaPlayer Euphoria Forum
If you use this please leave a comment!
Download & Give Feedback Via Comments
For more information and downloads, click here!
There are 4 comments - Join In and Discuss Here