This is a kvm to run j2me applications on PSP.
Copy "PSPKVM" to /PSP/GAME or /PSP/GAME150 folder.
1) Select "Find Application" item in AMS (the item on the top)
2) Select "Install from memory stick (ms0:/)"
3) Browse the file system of your memory stick now, and select jad or jar to run
4) After selected, the jad/jar will be automatically installed and run. You can choose the installed application from AMS next time you want to run.
By default, the key assignment is blow:
Left Soft: SELECT
Right Soft: START
UP/DOWN/LEFT/RIGHT: Analog joy stick
(* "Shift" = holding Left Trigger or Right Trigger)
Left Trigger + Right Trigger + Triangle: Multi-tasking key (Click to return AMS and put MIDlet to background)
Left Trigger + Right Trigger + Cross: Exit current running MIDlet
Nokia UI APIs (partial)
Networking (By PSP's WIFI)
Java AMS with MVM supporting
Several input methods: QWERTY/Abc/Symbol/...
Directly browse and run from local jad/jar file, and auto-install without interrupting
MIDI & Wave audio playback support
Device emulation. You can choose device type to emulate for different screen sizes and key codes, either at installation time or from "Select device" menu
Change default key assignment for specific application.
Virtual Keyboard Input
2008-06-22 10:32 v0.4.0
Change package name and purpose of release bundles.
1) pspkvm-bin-x.x.x-150-upgrade: Use this package if your PSP is 1.50 kernel and have installed pspkvm
2) pspkvm-bin-x.x.x-OE-upgrade: Use this package if your PSP is 3.xx OE kernel and have installed pspkvm
3) pspkvm-bin-x.x.x-150-allinone: Use this package if your PSP is 1.50 kernel and havn't installed pspkvm
4) pspkvm-bin-x.x.x-OE-allinone: Use this package if your PSP is 3.xx OE kernel and havn't installed pspkvm
*) Source code package is no longer provided in release; Instead, you can grab source code from svn, tags are
created for each release.
JSR179 support (OE Version only). Currently support GPS290(Sony's USB GPS receiver) only, serial GPS will be
supported in future
Chinese Input Method. Please see "Virtual Keyboard and Chinese Input tips" in "Running tips" section of Release
Note. Special thanks to Culiu for his contribution of Chinese Pinyin engine.
Use Sony's On screen Keyboard as alternate input method. Default is off, turn it on in pspkvm.ini
X/O swap in native dialog, configurable by pspkvm.ini
Get device specific properties from pspkvm.ini. User can set properties (e.g "microedition.platform", or User-Agent value) for specific device
Use HTTP proxy setting in network profile
Add SonyEricsson Generic device profile in Device Selection
Virtual Keyboard improvement:
1) Change key layout to be "QWERTY"
2) Add some short-cut keys
3) "Auto-open" property can be configured by pspkvm.ini
Resolve some MIDlets not run problems:
1) Super Action Hero
2) Gmail 1.5.0
3) Yahoo! GO