January 6th, 2007, 16:40 Posted By: Tinnus
Here's a modified version of popstation.exe to enable the use of CCDA audio, ie: CD audio tracks in your PS1 3.03 OE-A games.
- Replace your existing popstation.exe with the one in the archive (either stand-alone or along with a GUI)
- Rip your CD or convert your existing image to CloneCD format. You should have a .ccd file with the same name as your image file (for example, game.img and game.ccd or game.bin and game.ccd).
- Make sure the image and .ccd files are in the same directory and run popstation.exe, or your GUI of choice as normal and now CD audio will work!
Note that source is included as well in main.c. If you don't have a clue what a source file is, just don't bother with it
Note that I said any GUI work with that--as the modification is done inside popstation.exe, it will propagate automatically for any GUI that uses it to produce the EBOOTs. I confirmed Tomb Raider, ripped to .img and .ccd, converted to EBOOT with PSX2PSP 0.7, compression level 9 and custom warning screen to work on its full CD-audio glory
Thanks go to:
- Z33, Khenemet_Heru, macbxx, rck, Chilly Willy at MaxConsole for researching how to make this work and reverse-engineering the PS store games
- rck for the original TOC maker and ccd reading code
- Dark_AleX for making our dreams come true with 3.03 OE-A
Download via comments
For more information and downloads, click here!
There are 66 comments - Join In and Discuss Here