Posted By: wraggster
Joek2100 has released a new version of Music Prx, heres the release details:
This is the new version of the irsmp3.prx which now has support for atrac3, which is why I changed the name.
If you don't know, this is a custom firmware plugin which allows you to play music while playing a game and using the vsh.
Read the file called PLEASE_READ_ME.txt, for installation and usage
I'm not going to copy the whole readme file here, but there a somethings you should know:
This has new hardware decoder will work with all umd games/the vsh/ and most homebrew. (Thanks to cooleyes)
- It will not work with homebrew that uses the ME (SnesTYL ME, dosbox .71, etc)
- It will not work with copy protected atrac3's
- In the next release I'll have it switch back to the software decoder (mp3 only) when the ME is in use, but until then you'll have to use the non-ME version
- Also when playing an mp3 that has a samplerate different from 44.1kHz, you need to pause the song before the vsh's video/music player will work
If you have a problem with a game starting, try waiting until you are at the main menu to start playing music.
If you get an error message/if you hit play and don't hear any music, turn on the on screen display, and look for a line in blue.
Heres whats new:
- Fixed a bug which would prevent playback in some games (You can now remove hw.prx, it is no longer used)
- Since many people are reporting problems, I made this a "beta" version, I'll try and fix the bugs as soon as I can, see me last post in this thread for details
- Fixed a bug which prevented some (I guess a lot) of atrac3 files from playing properly,
- Fixed another bug making atrac3/atrac3 plus files not play, please update to this version before reporting any bugs, if you still have problems
- Removed the settings file because it was causing a problem
- Added those settings into music_conf.txt
- NOTE: In 3.40OE (and possibly other fws, setting the cpu speed > 222 will cause the vsh to not work/crash)
- This seems fixed in 3.52 M33-2
- Now that I think about it, the above might just be a problem with my one psp
- Fixed a bug which would cause some mp3s to hang at the end of the file
-auto enable the software decoder when the ME is in use, so playing mp3 can work with any homebrew that uses the me
- improve the on screen display
- add some sort of playlist in folder support (each subdir would be a seperate playlist and you can switch between them, something like DJEK was talking about in the old thread)
- add more formats
- figure out how to get pops mode working
- have button inputs that are used in the prx ignored by everything else
Download and Give Feedback Via Comments