PS3 Linux Emulators
PS3 Linux Games
PS3 Linux Applications
Best Storage Options for PSP
PSP Homebrew Applications
PSP Homebrew Games
PSP Custom Firmwares
PSP Flash Homebrew
PSP Hacks & Tools
PSP Homebrew Demos
Tiff Exploit Section
Commercial Game Demos
PSP Coding Competitions
Emulators for PSP
PS2 Emulators & Plugins
Emulators for PS2
PS2 Hacks and Hacking
PS1 Emulators and Plugins
Emulators for PS1
DCEmu Current Affairs
DCEmu Console Sites
Apple & Android News
Open Source Handhelds
Sony Console News
DCEmu Misc Sites
Retro Homebrew & Console News
Wraggys Beers Wines & Spirits Reviews
DCEmu Theme Park News
Gamer Wraggy 210
DCEmu Homebrew Coder Sites
Chui Dreamcast Developer
June 18th, 2009, 23:50 Posted By: wraggsterSg57 has posted another update to his game for the PSP:
Light Cycle 3D is a clone (NOT a port) of the light cycle racing concept from the hit movie Tron. This uses GLtron's models and a few textures. This uses Brick's LTE Lite Mod for rendering. As of v3.0 it supports up to 30 racers at once with 4 different speeds, 4 different grid sizes, 4 different skins come bundled and 2 game types with full mp3 playback support and customizable light cycle component colors.
.:.:.: UPDATE v3.0 :.:.:.
* Now you can race up to 29 opponents! Go nuts, first one to place first out of 30 get's a cookie...
* New variable grid size! Choose from small, normal, large and HUGE!
* New mini-map - toggle it on/off in-game with !
* New type of AI added
* New gametype added - you may now choose from 'Classic' and 'Uber' (more on this later)
* Custom Skin support! Easy-to-use Modular skin system implemented. Read 'Skin.txt' in the folder for instructions. I'd like to thank 0m3GA ARS3NAL for the Virtual Reality skin from MGS I now have bundled with Light Cycle 3D v3.0
* more i'm just forgetting sorry
* Your view will no longer be obstructed by the boundaries, the camera is smoothly bound to the playing field
* 'Uber' AIs bust through other walls using the same 'explosion' sound but at a higher pitch - conservative and a satisfying sound
* Big boy 'recognizer' is now more bad-a$$ looking ^.^
* Speeds have been adjusted, insane is now insane-r
* Updated all the AI to pave the way to unrestricted movement so soon no more 90 degree-only turns
* MP3 Playback was a bit unstable and has been improved
* Updated Brick's LTE Lite Mod to 1.2, i was 2 versions behind! eek.
* lot more i just can't remember it all
* Same as the initial release, there is a graphical bug in the engine (so i've deduced) that mucks with the diffuse color of the model component when it comes time to apply it and render said component (this applies to all models - tracers/rails and light cycles alike)
Gametypes (at the moment 2, but the system is there for more):
* Classic - the good ol' classic tron, race around do your stuff
* Uber - this is a much more difficult game; your enemies are godly in both brains and bronze. They can and will blow through any wall in their way should they have to but only if they have to. Not to mention they are able to take quite a beating as well, but their deaths are spectacular sights with huge effects (what do you expect when a god dies ;p). They are easily distinguishable by their massive light cycles and huge flare trails they leave behind. Don't be intimidated with your little thing (err...) it's not the size that counts, it's how you use it.
I challenge anyone to beat 29 enemies in the Uber gametype! who knew chaos was so much fun eh..
Enjoy everyone, and thank you all who voted for me in the PSP-Hacks competition, your support on this as well as any other of my projects is greatly appreciated!
Download and Give Feedback Via Comments
For more information and downloads, click here!
There are 5 comments - Join In and Discuss Here
Welcome to the DCEmu Homebrew and Gaming Network. This Network of sites is owned and ran by fans of all games consoles, we post news on all the consoles we cover about hardware aspects, gaming and Homebrew. Homebrew and Emulation are software thats made using free and legal tools to play on games consoles. This Network is the only worldwide network of sites where coders can upload and post comments they deserve for all their hardwork. We have a Network that currently supports PSVita, WiiU, Nintendo Wii, Xbox360, PS3, PS2,PS1, Snes, N64, Gameboy, Nes, Xbox, Gamecube, Nintendo DS, PSP, GBA, Dreamcast, Sega Saturn,3DS, DSi, Switch, PS4, Pandora, xboxone, GP2X, iPhone, Windows Phone, iPad, Android and also Mobile Phone Emulation. When new consoles appear we will expand to cover those consoles. We also cover Theme Park News and news and reviews of Beer, cider, lager, wines and spirits.
news of their own releases and get the credit and
Please help DCEmu become stronger by posting on the forums every day and make our community larger.