July 8th, 2006, 05:31 Posted By: HardHat
You are Gunnar, as seemingly average every day sheep, with a gun. You can run and jump and well, shoot. But somehow, you've ended up in the evil Shephard's gauntlet. You need to make it to the end. But it isn't as easy as it looks. The Shepard has fixed it so that you need to collect 50% of the fruit to leave a level. Work hard, and you can move on.
I was working on a game for the PS2DEV competition a while ago, and I didn't finish, but I submitted anyway. It seems to take a team a while to achieve critical mass. So within a week we made a major new update with sound, smooth scrolling, and twice as many levels. Still we weren't done, and so we went back and worked for two more weeks to produce version 1.2 of Jump Gunnar Jump. It is now finished, I believe. So on that note we've started a sequal. Since it's ready for you to play, I wanted you to try it out.
For 1.5 users, I highly recommend NO-KXploit-Patcher -- it could change your life. I use 2.6 normally, but when I use 1.5, I prefer No-Kxploit over all of those % folders.
Here are the release notes for version 1.2:
- 30 levels included now
- Added doors; red, blue, green, yellow. keys are needed to open these doors.
- Added teleporters (activate with square)
- Updated enemy: Climber is replaced by a new Red bug (only graphics, behaviour stays the same)
- New terrain: slippery ground
- Added slippery slopes to engine, graphics and level editor.
- Fixed chests: open with bombs and fruit will pop out
- New sound effects for doors, teleporters and keys
- Updated level editor with new terain types.
- Added icon to the EBOOT.PBP file.
- Added horizontal sliding (momentum)
- Animated evil duck (Anders)
- Shield now works.
- Almost a complete rewrite of the engine
- General improvements on the sprite sheet
- quicker stops on regular ground
- nicer background with 2 layer parallax.
For a Windows version (useful for playtesting new levels, and for moding) look at the PSPSMM website.
For feature requests visit the wishlist wiki
For more information and downloads, click here!
There are 7 comments - Join In and Discuss Here