November 9th, 2005, 09:30 Posted By: wraggster
Fanjita has released a new version of the excellent Eboot Loader (Homebrew and Emulation Boot Loader) for the PSP Firmware 2.0 users, heres whats new in this latest release:
v0.8 : Usability, compatibility
- Added capability to reboot the PSP without holding the power button.
During any EBOOT, just hold Left Trigger, Right Trigger and START
buttons for 1 second to exit the loader and reboot back to the PSP
- Separated menu binary from loader binary, to allow custom menu creation.
Included custom menu by Calum.
- Added kernel-mode override facility - allows the loader to attempt
to load apps marked as kernel-mode, that don't really require
kernel access. This doesn't enable a huge number of apps, but it
does enable a few - e.g. ScummVM 0.5, PSPChess, Nethack. Expect more
progress in the future.
- Relax requirement to resolve all NIDs. Now you can choose to ignore
failed NIDs in the hope that they aren't required.
- Improved USER_LUA stability (by incorporating the 0.7 USER_LUA patch)
- Added PowerTick() call to prevent display dimming during play
- Skip calling .init code by default
- Allow easier co-existence of multiple loader versions.
- Improve memory and thread manager semaphoring.
- Added all remaining VSH-mode NIDs, thanks to Vampyre's work.
- Moved working EBOOT list to new web-page.
- Filled in some missing opcodes from the disassembler
- Added syscall dereferencing to disassembler
- Added hook to sceKernelCreateThread, to improve thread monitoring
- Reduced screen spam during loading, by moving it to debug-only build
- Attempt to load more of the ELF sections into RAM if appropriate
- Retired hokey malloc implementation during file load, use proper
memory blocks now.
Heres a list of newly working homebrew etc with this release:
New Working applications in this release:
- PSP Chess
- ScummVM PSP Beta5
- ODE Test
- Sudoku 1.0
- C64 PSP 0.2
- PSPGenesis 0.18c
- Germ-PSP 4k Intro
- PCE for PSP 0.7
- DOOM screen offset now fixed
Download Now via the comments.
Excellent work Fanjita
For more information and downloads, click here!
There are 74 comments - Join In and Discuss Here