January 15th, 2007, 00:55 Posted By: Cloudhunter
A lot of people have asked for a downgrader for v2.80 that's both safe and simple to use. Well, the Noobz aim to please - we've merged and ported Dark_AleX's generic downgrader and TA-82 downgrader, to bring you what is probably the best v2.80 downgrader!
And as a bonus, we made this possible by porting Dark_AleX's HEN-D release to firmware v2.80, which means that if you don't want to downgrade yet, you now have a good platform for launching kernel-mode homebrew.
Why should you use this downgrader? Well, the major advantages are:
- safety - this downgrader has plenty of safety checks in place to try to avoid accidental bricks (but read the warning below)
- convenience - because this downgrader works with an official firmware EBOOT.PBP file, and includes the TA-082 idstorage changer and HEN files, you don't need any other files (except for a v1.5 update EBOOT) to perform the downgrade. No more finding a v1.5 owner to get dumpfiles!
- latest TA-082/086 support - the bundled TA-082 registry fixer includes the latest fixes to make sure that USBHost support won't be messed up.
So, let's not hang around, how do you use this to downgrade?
WARNING - Like any downgrader, there is always a risk of bricking your PSP. We have done our very best to make this as safe as possible, but by using this program, you accept all responsibility for any problem that may occur. ALWAYS READ ALL THE INSTRUCTIONS CAREFULLY BEFORE USE.
- Install the HEN files, by following the details in the readme.txt file.
- Test that HEN is working fine, by running one of the bundled sample applications - e.g. the cube demo.
- If you have a TA-082 or TA-086 PSP, run the "TA082 IdStorage Changer", via HEN, to patch your registry before downgrading.
- Get a copy of the v1.5 upgrade EBOOT (e.g. from here) and copy it to the /psp/game/UPDATE/ folder on your memory stick, as UPDATE.PBP.
- Start the"PSP Update ver X.YZ" program via HEN, and follow the instructions.
- Congratulations, you now have a v1.5 PSP!
Full credit is due to Dark_AleX and Mathieulh, who generously provided code and assistance during porting of both HEN and the generic downgrader, and HarleyG, who was instrumental in much of the research that went into that code.
One final word - this shows what is possible when developers ignore artificial boundaries and egos and help each other out. We hope to continue to work closely with Alex and Mathieulh in the future, to keep the homebrew scene moving forward like an unstoppable juggernaut
Download and Give Feedback Via Comments
For more information and downloads, click here!
There are 103 comments - Join In and Discuss Here