DIR-to-XML Tool enables PSP users to make their MP3 collections into an RSS/XML feed so they can stream their whole collections from their PC to their console.
WHY ANOTHER README?
Due to some requests for a better readme, I have prepared a step-by-step and simpler guide on how to make DIR-to-XML Tool work.
INSTALLATION and CONFIGURATION
1. Download DIR-to-XML Tool from http://bravekn1ght.blinkedph.com/
2. Download HFS from http://www.rejetto.com/hfs/
3. Extract DIR-to-XML_Tool_102.rar to a directory of your choice
4. Proceed to the directory where you saved HFS and double-click hfs.exe
5. When prompted to install "HFS shell context menu" click "yes". Leave hfs running
6. Create a directory of your choice where you want the XML files to be located. (e.g. C:\RSS)
7. Under STEP 1, choose your MP3 directory you want to index as XML (e.g. C:\MP3)
8. Under STEP 2, choose the directory that you created for the XML files
9. Click on the ACTIONS menu and click on "GENERATE" or simply press CTRL+G to generate the XML files
10. Browse to the XML directory, right-click the folder icon and choose "Add to HFS"
11. Do the same with your MP3 directory.
12. On your PSP, point your web browser to the URL displayed on the STEP 3 section of DIR-to-XML (unless you changed it) and add the folder name of your XML. (e.g. http://192.168.0.1/RSS
13. Select the album/directory of your choice and choose "YES" when prompted to add to the RSS Links.
14. Exit the web browser and proceed to the RSS menu. Choose the album/directory and enjoy your music!