Posted By: wraggster
Alek posted this on his site:
Well, as we have just seen some time ago, R2 of this Homebrew Enabler has been released, and after watching so many questions, so many emails and etc, let’s recapitulate.
1. ChickHEN does NOT play ISO/PSX/similar files. So, if you want to play your backups, use your UMD’s instead.
2. So, ChickHEN does (now with R2) play homebrew, for every single model and mobo revision to date.
3. Want to see a Compatibility List? Click here
4. ChickHEN does NOT allow flash changes. Therefore, if you use any app that installs anything on flash0 (cfw, themes, whatever), you will end with a brick. And no, there is no (actual) solution to this for the 88v3/3k models.
5. You are getting problems loading the HEN? Be sure to have copied all the images onto PHOTO dir, and if you are can’t load it, shutdown completely the PSP, restart and try again. (Pressing X when the image icon has appeared, and wait)
And no… there are no plans for 5.50cfw or of any other way of making this ISO-capable.
Anyway, any other thing to take in consideration?
After many delays, ChickHEN for 5.03 fw has been released
So, what do those 88v3 and 3k users have? Homebrew (user + kernel), being in memory instead of flash0.
Some considerations (thanks n00b81 btw!) would be the fact that it doesn’t allows you to run any sort of UMD backups or PSX games, neither plugins; and it would be interesting that you NOT install any custom theme on them, or you will end up with a bricked PSP.
Good work, guys.
pd. No, this doesn’t overtakes the pre-IPL stuff that Dark_AleX explained here but well, it’s an interesting step.